Sunday, July 29, 2007

Evans Wants to Stay at Manu.


Never mind the odd substitute appearance or Carling Cup run-out, Jonny Evans has his sights set on lifting the Premier League trophy next May.

The 19-year-old defender is yet to make his competitive United debut, but is already a Northern Ireland international. Last term on loan with Sunderland Evans was a defensive rock, tasting just one defeat in 19 displays as Roy Keane's men earned promotion. But now he's concentrating on life at Old Trafford.

"Roy wanted me back but Sir Alex wanted me here," Evans told PA Sport. "It's a win-win situation. If I'd gone to Sunderland I'd get a year in the Premiership; if I stay here I'm involved with the biggest club in the world and learn from fantastic players.

"I hope Sir Alex says I play for United this season. I'm a United fan and I want the team to win as many trophies as they can and hopefully I'll be lifting one of them by the end of the season. But my main aim is to try and improve."

While his heart will always be with the Reds, Evans admits he'll keep a close eye on Sunderland's results in 2007/08. "They were good to me and I made a lot of friends up there, I hope Sunderland do well."

source: manutd.com

No comments:

counter customizable free hit