Monday, September 10, 2007

Wenger to Stay at Arsenal..............




www.vidgyan.blogspot.com
Arsene Wenger has signed a contract extension with Arsenal that will keep him at the club until 2011.

The Frenchman has extended his current deal, which took him to the end of this season, by a further three years.

"My heart is tied to this football club so signing a new deal was always my intention," said the Arsenal boss.

"It has deep-seated roots and a tremendous heritage. It is my aim to uphold these values and help create new history for future generations."

Wenger's future was the subject of some doubt following the departure of former vice-chairman and his close ally David Dein in April and striker Thierry Henry in the summer.

But Wenger added: "Arsenal is the club of my life. I have been entrusted with complete freedom to implement and execute my plans on what will make the team successful.

"That means I have a responsibility to the fans to deliver silverware and also a responsibility to the players to help turn our potential into prizes."

The new deal is thought to earn the 57-year-old Wenger £4m a year.

No comments:

counter customizable free hit