Monday, January 14, 2008

Wenger criticizes Arsenal

Saturday's game against Birmingham was very frustrating because the crowd were very good but the team was not. The fans were always behind us, they pushed us forward, but we were not sharp enough.

Birmingham defended really well and perhaps we felt that it would be too easy. We lost concentration on their set-piece and were punished. After they made it 1-1 we went close many times but we didn't create enough overall.

I was asked if Philippe Senderos was at fault for Birmingham's equaliser but I don't believe he was caught out. There were two or three other players involved who didn't jump for the ball and that's why we got punished.

I wouldn't like to criticise any individual performance because we have had so many good games this season. Theo Walcott played his third game of the week for example. I had planned to rest him but Tomas Rosicky was sick.

The title race is so tight and every game is important. It's very difficult to say which month will be most crucial. The only thing I know is that we have lost two points we should not have lost and I am confident that the team will re-focus because they are really disappointed.

Finally, I am often asked whether I will buy anybody in the transfer window but the truth is I am not looking for anybody. It's easy to say 'let's go out and buy' when you don't win a game but this team has won so many games since the start of the season and they are good enough.

No comments:

counter customizable free hit