Thursday, March 20, 2008

Manu's Anderson waiting for Liverpool.....


Having sampled the euphoria that comes with beating Liverpool at Anfield, Anderson is hoping for more of the same on Sunday when United entertain Rafael Benitez's men at Old Trafford.

The Brazilian was a star performer in December's 1-0 win courtesy of Carlos Tevez's first-half strike. Anderson reveals he was fully aware of the importance attached to United-Liverpool clashes before he joined the Reds, but admits he was surprised by the enormity of the occasion.
-------------Red View

"The atmosphere amongst the supporters and the determination both sides had to win the game at Anfield was unbelievable," he told United Review. "It’s difficult to describe the emotion that I experienced in that match – it was amazing. And I’m sure it’ll be the same on Sunday."

Anderson has become a firm favourite with the Old Trafford faithful after a series of imperious displays in United's midfield. The 19-year-old has been overwhelmed by his rising cult status, and insists he'll be doing his utmost to ensure Reds fans around the world have a happy Easter.

"It's difficult to describe how it feels to hear the fans sing my name," he beamed. "It gives me extra strength on the pitch and makes me want to do my best to repay them for the fantastic support they have shown me. Hopefully I'll do that on Sunday."

No comments:

counter customizable free hit