Saturday, July 14, 2007

Heinze made Tevez leave West Ham.

Gabriel Heinze admits he encouraged Carlos Tevez to choose United, despite interest in the striker from a host of top European clubs.

And although the 23-year-old's transfer has hit a snag, media reports today suggest the deal may be completed by the weekend.

Heinze, who is currently playing alongside Tevez for Argentina in the Copa America competition, told Icons.com he has held detailed discussions with the West Ham player about life at Old Trafford.

"I told him that he is going to receive a lot of help to make progress," Heinze said. "It is a team that gives you a lot of prestige, both personal and professional. And he is going there at the right time. He is 23 years old so what else could he ask for?

"It makes me feel very happy that Tevez might come to United. If everything goes okay he will be joining an amazing club. He will arrive to a team that always draws up the highest objectives and where your only concern is to play football, because all the rest is taken care of."

Whether or not Heinze will still be at Old Trafford to welcome Tevez's arrival is still open for debate. A strong of clubs have publicly declared their interest in the 29-year-old, who faces strong competition from Patrice Evra for the Reds' left back spot.

"I still don't know what I am going to do," Heinze admitted. "I'm going to start thinking about that after the Copa America. The interest in me from important teams such as Liverpool, Juventus and Real Madrid makes me feel proud, but I feel very comfortable in Manchester and I'm grateful for everything I've experienced there."


source:manutd.com

No comments:

counter customizable free hit