Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Nani excited to join Manu.




Nani says he is excited to have joined "the biggest club in the world" after being officially unveiled to the world's press at Carrington on Monday.

The pacy 20-year-old Portuguese winger, who can play on either flank, joins former Sporting Lisbon team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford and he's looking forward to linking up with his fellow countryman.

"I'm very excited to be at the biggest club in the world," he says.

"I want to do my best. Ronaldo and I grew up at the same club and the fact that he was at United gave me a real incentive to join the club. I'm very much looking forward to playing alongside him."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he knew about Nani when the Reds were monitoring Ronaldo, but preferred him to learn his trade in Portugal.

"We've known about Nani for a few years - it was about the same time as Ronaldo, although Nani was younger of course. Carlos' knowledge of Portugal meant we were able to keep track of his progress. He's got time to adapt into the way of our club. He won't play every game next season but he'll play a lot."

No comments:

counter customizable free hit