Friday, August 10, 2007

Rossi Happy to leave United?

Giuseppe Rossi is adamant that he made the right choice by leaving United in search of first-team football at Villarreal.

The 20-year-old striker admits leaving Old Trafford was a difficult decision, but he has already seen enough in Spain to persuade him that a move to La Liga was the best decision for his career.

“I’ve joined a very ambitious club,” said Rossi. “It was difficult to leave Manchester, but the first days here have convinced me that I made the right choice.

“The big objective is to get back in the Champions League where the side did so well two years ago.

"I can already see that this side can challenge in any competition - La Liga, the UEFA Cup or the Champions League."

After sanctioning the Italian's sale, Sir Alex Ferguson revealed that United do have the option to re-purchase Rossi in the future.

The youngster is well aware that he may not have bidden a permanent farewell to Old Trafford, but for now is concentrating on success with Villarreal.

"I know that there is a clause that will let me return to Manchester United," he admitted. "But I’m just thinking of Villarreal."

No comments:

counter customizable free hit