Saturday, September 29, 2007

Saha Is Back..............



The French striker was unable to play a full part in the final couple of months of last season’s title-winning campaign because of a knee problem. An operation ensued over the summer which kept him out of action until the beginning of this month, when he made a goalscoring return against Sunderland. He netted again last weekend, converting a last minute penalty to seal a 2-0 win over Chelsea.

Saha says he is beginning to feel like his old self once more and is hoping to silence the critics who believe he doesn’t have the mental strength to succeed.

“Anyone who says I am not willing to play until I am 100 per cent fit is not telling the truth,” he insists. “I have never refused to play for the team, yet last season I was hearing claims about me not being psychologically committed.

"The people who criticise me don't know that three years ago I was playing games despite having a knee that I couldn't bend more than 90 degrees.

“I now feel I am close to last year’s top form,” he adds. “I am not far away and the more minutes I gain on the pitch, the better I will play.

“My aim this year is to stay fit and show people the real Louis Saha.”

No comments:

counter customizable free hit