Wednesday, November 28, 2007

EAGLES AND SIMPSON: EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS


INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS AND SIMPSON

How would you sum up the season so far from an individual perspective?

Chris: Things have gone a lot better than I expected. I set myself targets every season and my main aims this season were to train with the first team on a full-time basis and hopefully make it onto the bench a couple of times during the first month. But I ended up being named a sub in all but one game during the opening month and started against Sunderland, so things exceeded my expectations. Now I just want to build on that and get as much first team experience as possible.

Danny: Things have gone really well. Setting up Wayne Rooney for the fourth goal against Wigan on my league debut was a great feeling. I’ve been working really hard on my crossing and overlapping down the wing so it was really rewarding.

You've both tasted success for the Reserves, but what would it mean to help the club win major trophies?

Chris: Winning is the best feeling in the world. We experienced that with the Reserves and gained a lot of confidence.

Danny: When you’re on a winning run you never think about losing. It’s important to keep that winning feeling going. We hope to play a big part in success for the first team. That’s always been our ultimate aim and we’re determined to achieve it.

No comments:

counter customizable free hit