Monday, December 3, 2007

Manu's Anderson Interviewed.....



Brazilian midfielder Anderson admits it took him time to settle in Manchester. But his confidence is growing after a string of first-team starts and he's now showing why Sir Alex Ferguson swooped to sign him last summer.

“The first month was very difficult for me trying to settle in,” said Anderson, in a double-header interview with Nani for Inside United.

“It was the same when I first arrived in Portugal from Brazil, and with the help of the manager, the staff, my team-mates, particularly Ronaldo, things have become much easier. Ronaldo has been very, very important in helping me settle. We’re friends and team-mates and he’s always looking after me and Nani, keeping an eye on us. If sometimes you go astray he’ll clip your ear and put you right. He has been here for years and he's been through this period himself.”

Anderson’s happiness off the pitch is clearly contributing to some outstanding displays on it. “I felt very proud on the morning of my debut against Sunderland,” he says. “I was achieving a dream that I had in my football career. Although my previous clubs, Porto and Gremio, are top clubs, United are one of the best teams in the world. I was very pleased for what was happening.”

Now, thanks to the help of Sir Alex and his team-mates, Anderson believes he can contribute to a successful campaign. “I hope to be here for a long time and make history like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes,” he adds. “It’s very difficult to say what we can achieve with a team like this. Look at what United achieved last year - everything worked out well, and this year we are trying to do the same.”

No comments:

counter customizable free hit