Saturday, December 8, 2007

Manu's Tevez Interviewed



Sir Alex says he'd like to sign you permanently. Would you be happy with that?
He hasn’t actually spoken to me personally about it but I would love to sign. This is a great club and it would be fantastic to stay here for years to come.

Some people suggested your partnership with Wayne Rooney wouldn’t work, but you’ve started nine games together and scored 12 goals…
So far we’re doing well, we understand each other very well on and off the pitch. That’s very important in a successful partnership, and hopefully we can continue to play together over the rest of the season and beyond. The main reason it has worked is because we both have a great desire to play. I love playing alongside Wayne and he loves it too, which is essential if the partnership is to succeed. You can see that in the way we play on the field - we both really enjoy ourselves.

How are you finding life at United?

I feel very happy here. I'm enjoying the city and from a football perspective things are going very well. So, yes, I feel really settled.

You’ve certainly struck up a great rapport with the fans...
Gaby [Heinze] told me a lot about the fans here. He said if he was playing well or did something inspiring then the crowd would often chant ‘Argentina’, which is something to make anyone from my country proud. I love to hear it.

What do you hope to achieve at United?
My priority, and one of my dreams, is to win trophies with Manchester United. I want to pay back the faith the fans have shown in me. It'd be great to make them happy......

No comments:

counter customizable free hit